Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 42 - Re-Inspired to Burn It Up

It's almost midnight and I just finished Slim & 6 Pack.  I've been debating what to do once my 6 weeks of Slim In 6 are done.  Why do I have to do something different?  Why can't I just continue with Slim In 6?  Granted, I haven't lost any weight (I was hoping to lose 13 lbs. in 6 weeks), but I have lost inches.  My clothes fit a lot better and I think I look better.  Of course there's still room for improvement, but why does it have to be with a different routine?

I have to admit that since starting Burn It Up, I haven't been fully invested.  I don't particularly like Amber & Jonathan (the people working out on the video).  Debbie doesn't seem quite as encouraging as she's been on the other DVD's.  It also bothers me that it takes more than an hour.  And it's difficult!  Because of all this, I'm not jumping up in the morning and immediately starting to work out like I was in the beginning.  Once, I think it was near midnight before I forced myself to exercise.  Another day, I did Cardio Express rather than Burn It Up.  And this morning I went back to Ramp It Up.  I talked to my sister about it and asked what difference it makes if I just continue with Ramp It Up?  It's still a really good workout and no one is keeping score.  She agreed, although I don't think she was really paying attention.  Then I asked my husband (looking for more confirmation that it didn't matter if I took the easy way out).  Surprisingly, he totally disagreed!  He said it was like quitting before I was done and that I wouldn't be completing "Slim In 6".  So, today, I spent quite a while on the internet reading peoples' stories about their transformations and I got re-inspired.  So, I am going to continue with Burn It Up for at least another 14 workout days before I think about moving on.  Next week I will be away for 4 days and I won't be able to exercise or blog.  But I will complete all my workouts when I get back.

I've also decided that Power 90 is going to be my next step.  There were so many positive transformation stories about Power 90 and many of the people had started with Slim In 6 and moved on.  So, when I'm ready, I'll move on to Power 90.  But for now I'm dedicating myself back to Burn It Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment