Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 18 - Imagine The Possibilities!

Today was my Weight Watchers meeting.  At Weight Watchers, every food is given a "Point" value.  And every day, I am allowed a certain number of Points, 20 to be exact.  I could take additional Points for the exercise I do, but I chose not to.  In addition to my 20 daily Points, I also get 35 Points to be used over the course of the week.  I don't think there has ever been a week when I didn't use my 35 extra Points.  My WW week begins on Wednesday, last Thursday (Day 2) when I went out with the girls, I used 34 of my 35 weekly Points.  I used them all in one day, no spreading them over the course of the week for me!  Somehow, I managed to stay within my 20 Points every other day and when I stepped on the scale today, I was down .8 lb.  In spite of all those cocktails on Thursday.  I am thrilled to report that I am 4/10 of a lb. below my WW goal weight.  I haven't been this low since August 2009.  Hooray!

My second bit of really good news is that I managed to complete my second attempt at Ramp it Up without having to stop the DVD and sit down to catch my breath.  A couple of times this morning, like yesterday, I had to put my arms down because I thought they were going to fall off, but other than that, I held my own.  And I have to tell you, doing these exercises gives me such a feeling of empowerment.  I get up and work out first thing and the rest of the day I am on a high.  This is a really difficult work out routine, especially for someone like me who never really exercised before.  When I complete it I tell myself that if I can do this, I can do just about anything the day throws at me.  It's a wonderful feeling.  That, combined with a loss on the scale, made this a really good day.

And one last bit of good news is that when I look in the mirror, I can actually SEE that my waist is smaller and more defined.  And I'm not even halfway through Slim In 6.  Imagine the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment