Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Day 19 - Coach Michelle

Today I got an email from someone named Coach Michelle.  She's affiliated with Beachbody.com, the people who produced Slim In 6.  Although I have a great support person in my sister, Jill, I'll be curious to see what Coach Michelle has to offer.  I replied to her and told her all about my experiences to date, and also about this Blog.  I also asked her for a little help with a couple of exercises I'm having trouble with.  (1) Reverse Crunches -- I don't think I'm using my Ab muscles (although that's what crunches are supposed to work).  I think I'm mostly using my legs.  (2) My other problem area is side leg lifts.  On the new Ramp It Up DVD, I do tons of them.  Both standing, similar to a Tae-kwon-do kick and also down on all fours where I raise my leg to the side then straighten it, bend it again, and lower it.  That's one of the tougher moves in the routine and I just can't get my leg high enough.  I'm sure with time, it will happen.  But I thought maybe Coach Michelle might have some suggestions.

I discovered something the other day which I forgot to mention.  The first day I tried Ramp It Up, I turned off the music so I could listen to how to perform the exercises.  It turns out, I liked doing the routines MUCH better without music.  I think I found the music a little too grating.  Anyway, without it, the time seems to go by more quickly.  I also moved my position in relation to the TV.  Now, I can't see the little timer in the lower right hand corner of the screen.  Maybe that's why the time seems to be going by more quickly.  Or, maybe it's just like they say "Time flies when you're having fun".  On that happy note, I'm off to do my stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment