Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 24 - My Skinny Jeans

Today is Day 1 of Week 3 on my Slim In 6 journey.  Only 6 days left until I can measure myself again.  Now, if you remember, I jumped the gun and measured myself after only two weeks.  I was supposed to wait until the completion of Week 4, but curiosity got the best of me.  After two weeks, I had lost a total of 6 1/2 inches.  Yea!  I keep worrying that I'm not losing weight, but maybe it's that I'm replacing the fat with muscle -- firming up and slimming down, and muscle weighs more than fat, right?

But, how can I find out?  Then it hit me -- my skinny jeans.  The last time I tried to get into my skinny jeans, there was a three to four inch gap between the button and the buttonhole.  I even tried lying on the bed and sucking in my stomach as much as possible, but there was no way I was getting that button hooked or that zipper up!  So I packed them away at the bottom of my closet.  Out of sight, out of mind.  Until today.  Then this afternoon, I pulled them out, slipped them on and voila' zipped them up.  And all while I was STANDING UP!

So, I don't know if I'm actually losing weight.  We'll know tomorrow when I go to Weight Watchers.  But I do know I'm getting smaller, my body is actually transforming and that's my ultimate goal.  By the way, I started this journey as a size 10 - 12, the jeans are a size 8.  Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment