Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 39 - Down To The Wire

I know, it's been days and days since my last blog.  I don't want you think I haven't been thinking about you, I have been.  My wireless router died in a thunder storm last week and it took me a few days to replace it.  But don't worry, I have been doing my Slim In 6 workouts.  I'm down to the wire now.  Today was Day 1 of Week 6, the last week of my program.  I haven't lost the weight I was hoping to lose, but I have changed how my body looks and feels.  My clothes are much looser and I've been able to get into things I haven't worn in a long time.  I'm also much stronger than I was 6 weeks ago -- I can perform real push-ups, not the modified kind.  I can do squats forever, and there are some abdominal exercises that I never would have believed I'd be able to do.  But I'm doing them!
 
I've noticed since starting Burn It Up, I've been having a more difficult time staying motivated.  I think it might be the length of time the video takes, just over an hour.  Then another 15 minutes later in the day for either stretching or the Ab. workout.  When I'm doing the workout, I'm into it, but getting started in the morning is taking me forever.  I can find a million other things I'd rather be doing other than exercise.  To cut down on the total amount of time, I've been replacing the final few minutes of stretching & yoga with the 15 minute Slim & Limber video.  Basically killing two birds with one stone.  And my resolve has really been out when it comes to the Ab. routine.  I think I only did  it twice last week, not three times like I'm supposed to.  This week I'm going to try to do it every night.

I don't know what I'm going to do once I finish Slim In 6.  On the Start It Up video there's a routine called Cardio Express.  I think I'll give it a try and maybe look into buying the Slim Series Express work outs.  From what I understand, they're only 30 minutes long so that may be more to my liking although I don't know how effective the workouts will be.  I should finish with Burn It Up on Saturday and then maybe alternate between Burn It Up and Cardio Express.  At least until I make up my mind as to what I'm going to pursue next.  Who knows, maybe I'll attempt P90X.  I'll keep you posted on what I decide.  

No comments:

Post a Comment