Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 23 - Eating To Lose

The past 24 hours have been my one day a week off.  I took last night off from blogging and today off from my workout.  Today is the final day of week three.  I feel like the workouts are falling into place.  I know I'm getting stronger and performing the individual exercises better than in the beginning.  My arms are a lot stronger, I can do 24 push-ups versus only 8 when I first started and I no longer have to lower my arms to keep up with the program.  The problem is, I'm struggling a little with the P.M. workouts.  Mostly the Ab routine, I really like the stretching.  But don't get me wrong, I'm not having any trouble doing the Ab routine, I'm just not lovin' it.  But I'll persevere.

My disappointment lies in my weight loss.  The scale is not budging and I don't know why.  Actually it's going down but very, very slowly.  I am staying within my WW points range and I am not taking my additional exercise points.  So why isn't the scale going down?  I talked to my sister about it, and she suggested I change it up a bit and instead of 3 meals a day, switch to 6 snack size meals.  I'll give it a try, but I don't know how well it will work into my life style.  The other thing I may try is having protein at EVERY meal.  I start my day with fruit, yogurt and oatmeal.  I think I'll replace the oatmeal with an egg.  At lunch, I'll have half my protein serving and save the other half for a mid-afternoon snack along with a piece of fruit.  She says she's doing more of a "Body For Life" style diet -- every time she has a fruit or veggie, she has a protein.  And every time she has a protein, she adds a fruit or veggie.  They always say you need to eat to lose, so I guess I'll give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment