Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 20 - (Yesterday) Whining About Wine

Yesterday was my husband's Happy Birthday and of course we went out to dinner to celebrate.  I made some good food choices -- salad with dressing on the side, fish and a double order of steamed veggies.  And then a poor choice -- wine.  My problem with wine is I LIKE IT!  So, of course, I had two glasses.  Then what happens is, I have bread to go with the wine, then I have butter to go with the bread.  Then, I go in for the kill -- dessert!  I didn't have dessert at the restaurant, thank goodness.  I waited until I got home.  Then I opted for 1/2 cup CarbSmart ice cream, with 1 Tbs. chocolate syrup and 1/4 cup Lite Cool Whip.  That little sundae was only 3 WW Points.  But then, and here is where I really went awry, I hit the Oreos!!!  I had put them in the freezer so I wouldn't be tempted, but of course, when I went in for the ice cream, there they were.  And the question is, "How long can you sit on the sofa watching TV thinking about Oreos before they win?  The answer is "Only about an hour".  And I'm not talking about one Oreo, I'm talking about four!  210 Calories, 9 Grams of Fat and 5 wasted WW Points.  All because of two glasses of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment