Friday, June 4, 2010

Day 21 - Dear Diary

First, let me start by saying the Oreos are in the trash.  I couldn't run the risk that they would call me again.  Once I knew they were there, they'd haunt me.  Better it should be, out of sight, out of mind.  Now onto bigger and better things.

I think my workout routines are really coming along.  I'm keeping up with the pace and moving my arms through the entire routine.  I still take sips of water during the "march it out" portions, but I don't think that's a bad thing.  A good thing is that today I had on a pair of shorts and I'd estimate that the waste was about four inches too big.  I still have another week to go before I measure myself again, but I am very optimistic.  I may be forced to go shopping in another three weeks for all new clothes in a new smaller size.

I realized today that writing a Blog is like keeping a diary, only open to the public.  Another thing I realized when I looked back on my "Diary" is that I've fallen off the wagon for one day during each of the past two weeks.  What do you think that's about?  Am I taking "Slim In 6" too literally?  I stay on track for six days and then fall off.  Do I suffer from a weekly bout of ADD?  The workouts allow for a day off.  But I don't think the diet does.  My sister, Jill, mentioned a couple of weeks ago that she's maintaining her weight by watching what she eats all week long and then on Saturday she eats whatever she wants.  She justifies it by all the exercise she's doing during P90X.  Subconsciously, could I be doing the same thing?  I'll have to think this through a little more thoroughly.  But, right now, I have to stretch.

Speaking of stretching, the Start It Up workout had a really nice stretching routine at the end.  The Ramp It Up workout ends with a Yoga routine, rather than stretching.  And I've noticed I'm a bit more achy this week than last week.  I have a feeling daily stretching is really important, especially for these old muscles & bones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment