Friday, June 11, 2010

Day 27 - No Will Power

You know how recently I've been struggling with getting a better handle on my food choices.  Well, I realized today that my biggest problem is that I have no will power.  I've been comparing notes with my sister, the one who's doing P90X.  She is very supportive and always has positive feedback and words of encouragement.  She's my biggest supporter.  I've been restricting my carb intake and trying to avoid refined sugars.  In addition, at her suggestion, I've started eating smaller, more frequent meals.  She is basically doing the same thing.

She sent me a text message tonight around 7:00 PM stating that she was having a GREAT day, and was very focused.  Less than three hours later I got a text stating that the day had completely fallen apart and she had to go to bed in order to stop eating!  I don't know what changed, but I can certainly relate.

This morning, trying to stay focused, I had a scrambled egg around 8:00, at 10:30 I had blueberries & non-fat yogurt, at 1:00 I had scallops on top of a salad with dressing on the side.  So far, so good.  Then I stopped in a gift shop with a girlfriend and they had free samples of salt water taffy.  So, needless to say, I had one.  After all they were free!  I have absolutely no resolve.  I wasn't hungry, it wasn't the BEST candy I've ever had, it wasn't even that I especially wanted it.  It was just that it was there, so I had to eat it.  The simple fact of the matter is -- I have NO WILL POWER!

Now, I wonder how I work on that?  I think I'll call my sister......

No comments:

Post a Comment