Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 31 - Burn It Up!

Okay, I can see what all the hoopla is about.  I did my first Burn It Up today, and did it ever!  The video is just over an hour long.  It starts with a warm up and then a very long squat sequence (it felt like a thousand).  Or maybe it was lunges.  I can't remember.  I think by the time I was finished I was delirious.  Then it moves onto the waist and core then onto lunges (or squats) whichever one was left.  Of course there was a resistance band section (longer and with more variety than in the past) then down to the mat for floor exercises to continue to work my legs and butt because they weren't completely exhausted, yet!  Then on to the Abs.  Oh, and let's not forget the push-ups.  I'm up to 30 now.  Not bad considering only 4 weeks ago I was at 8.  Debbie suggests trying the regular style push-up.  All along I've been doing the modified.  I think I'll wait a few days until I feel more comfortable with the workout before I attempt them.  There were a couple of spots where I couldn't keep up with the pace and one exercise where I felt absolutely out of sync.  But, I didn't have to pause the DVD to catch up and I didn't have to keep my hands on my hips.  So I think that's progress.  There were a few times (mostly during the lunges) when my knees hurt, so I lightly held onto the arm of the sofa for balance.  My shoulder bothered me a bit, as well, but I pushed through.  Immediately following the workout, I did the stretching video.  I thought that might help to ease any aching muscles and so far, so good.

I'll let you know how I feel in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment